Love dogs as much as we do?
Job Title: Retail Assistant
Hourly Rate: £9.90 p/h - Flexible / Occasional (6 - 12 hours)
Shop Opening Hours: Tuesday to Sunday 10am-4pm
Location: NB Dogs
- Bank Buildings, Gullane, East Lothian, EH31 2AR
- Unit C2, Fenton Barns Retail Village, North Berwick, EH39 5BW
NB Dogs is an independent retailer of dog food and accessories, a family run biz with a small team of awesome staff. To support the growth of business we are looking for a reliable and welcoming retail assistant who shares the same passion for dogs as we do. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV to email@example.com along with a short paragraph about yourself.
Job Purpose: Our Dog Boutique is looking for a Retail Assistant who enjoys working with dogs. You will assist customers by providing product recommendations, answering questions, alerting customers to product options and accessories. The ideal candidate for this position should have experience working in retail and a strong dedication to providing exceptional service for customers.
Role & Responsibilities:
- To provide an efficient and friendly service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements, working to exceed these wherever possible.
- To demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers.
- Use the company’s POS system.
- Assist in maintaining stock and setting up merchandise displays on the shop floor.
- Assist with dog clothing fittings.
- Assist with events when required.
- Take part in any training opportunities as required.
- Previous experience of working in a retail environment desirable but not essential.
- Must have a passion for dogs and understand basic dog behaviour.
- Must be available to work on weekends.
- Good interpersonal and customer facing skills, able to empathise, maintain professionalism, display patience and politeness.
- Ability to lone work.
- Interest in social media/marketing and enjoy taking photos of dogs :)
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short paragraph about yourself.